The Castle Creations Mamba XLX 2 1/5 Scale Sensored Brushless ESC/Motor Combo with 2028 800Kv motor is a product guaranteed to redefine the limits of large scale R/C. Though it shares the name of its predecessor, the Mamba XLX, this is an ESC that lives in a class of its own.
Reengineered from the ground up, the Mamba XLX 2 is packed with a potent combination of design, hardware and software advancements that will set a new standard for large-scale power systems. Designed for 1/5 Scale models weighing up to 42 lbs, the XLX 2 is an incredible power upgrade for the Losi DBXL-E and Super Rock Rey, Arrma Kraton 8S and Outcast 8S, or Traxxas X-Maxx models! If you are looking for the ultimate upgrade for your speed run, drag racing or off road rigs - the XLX 2 is a true heavyweight, with no contenders.
CRYO-DRIVE: MORE POWER – COOLER TEMPS – LONGER RUNS
Castle’s latest break-through technology, minimizes the amount of time the ESC’s electrical components spend generating heat. These software advancements work in parallel with a unique open housing design to allow increased directional airflow to cool critical components. With the integration of a 50mm fan and a forged elliptical fin heatsink, the design maximizes airflow through the system, taking thermal performance to the next level. The results are cooler ESC temperatures, increased runtime and more power handling.
NOTE: Some vehicles may require aftermarket parts to allow ESC and/or motor fitment.
- Sensored, Sensorless and SmartSense™ running modes
- Powerful Integrated 20A Peak Adjustable BEC (5.25V-8.0V)
- Premium forged heatsink with for superior airflow and increased heat dissipation
- Oversized factory equipped thermally controlled 50mm fan
- Waterproof design for all weather conditions.
- ESC is housed in a rugged CNC aluminum case and potted in waterproof epoxy to protect the components and promote efficient heat transfer
- Data-logging capability to capture and record performance data from your vehicle
- Auxiliary wire functionality for “on the-fly” adjustments using your transmitter
- Audible alerts for easy diagnosis of possible issues such as motor over-temperature and low voltage cutoff
- Convenient transmitter programming for six adjustable settings such as cutoff voltage and drag brake
- Easily tune and update ESC with USB and Bluetooth™ programming options.
- Castle Link USB programming kit (coupon included with purchase)
- Optional smartphone-based programming with the B-LINK™ Bluetooth Adapter (sold separately) and Castle Link app available on Google Play or Apple App Store.
- Proudly designed and manufactured in Olathe, Kansas USA and backed by Castle Creations’ 1-year warranty
- Input voltage range: 3S-8S LiPo
- Length: 3.98” (101.2mm)
- Width: 2.49” (63.3mm)
- Height: 2.2” (55.8mm)
- On/Off Switch: Yes, waterproof*
- Cooling Fan: Yes, thermally controlled factory equipped (50mm) fully removable**
- Weight: 13.1 oz (371g)
- Running Modes: Sensored, Brushed, Sensorless and SmartSense™ when paired with a Castle 4-POLE 12-SLOT Sensored Motor. (Dust cover included in package for non-sensored operation)
- Wire Gauge: 8AWG
- Telemetry Link Capable: Yes, with Castle Creations Telemetry Link for S.BUS2 and Futaba T4PX and T7PX, T7PXR Transmitters.
- Items Needed: Battery connectors designed for 150+ amps continuous, such as Castle 6.5mm polarized or CC BULLET 8.0MM
- Application Guidelines: 1:5th Scale vehicles weighing up to 30 lbs.
- Vehicle Examples: Losi DB XL-E,™ Losi Super Rock Rey™, Arrma Kraton 8s™, Arrma Outcast 8s™, Traxxas X-Maxx™ (Some vehicles may require aftermarket parts to allow ESC and/or motor fitment)
- Input Voltage Range: MIN: 3S LiPo, MAX: 8S LiPo 33.6V
- Kv: 800Kv
- Max. RPM: 45,000
- Diameter: 2.22” (56.3mm)
- Length: 4.44” (112.7mm)
- Shaft Size: 30mm (Length), 8mm (Diameter)
- Weight (w/wires): 44 oz./1.25kg
- Mounting Hole Specifications: Holes: 4mm, Spacing: 30mm
- Connectors: 8.0mm male connectors, 300mm Direct Connect Sensor Wire